Board of Directors
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Creative Beginnings Childcare Centre is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors consisting of parents and other interested community members.
Creative Beginnings Childcare Centre- Board of Directors Overview
Creative Beginnings Childcare Centre (CBCC) is a licensed non-profit charitable organization committed to providing exceptional childcare to the community and the diverse families we serve. We provide a vibrant play-based program for children which fosters individualism, creativity, socialization and school readiness.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership, management, and growth of Creative Beginnings. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, he/she is responsible for program quality, strategic planning, financial sustainability, sound administration, Human Resources excellence, and compliance with policies and procedures established by the board and regulations under Childcare Early Years Act and all other relevant legislation.
The CBCC Board of Directors is a working, volunteer based Board. Each Board member brings different skills and experiences to draw from in order to reach our goals as an organization. Board members are required to have a current vulnerable sector police check on file at Creative Beginnings in order to comply with current legislation.
CBCC board meetings are monthly, 9 times a year. (No meetings in July, August or December, unless required). Meetings are the third Monday of the Month from 6:30 – 7:30pm. (Monthly time re
CBCC requires a minimum of 3 year commitment to serve.
Key Responsibilities of the Board of Directors:
• The Board of Directors is responsible to ensure that CBCC is governed in-line with the intentions of the letters patent and corporate bylaws of the organization, and in accordance with the intention of the Board of Directors as expressed through its written plans, directives, meeting minutes and corporate governance documents
• Approves the following years budget by fiscal year end, based on the recommendations of the Executive Director
• Approves fees for CBCC
• Gives notice for and presides over the annual meeting of the Centre
• Elects officers and fills Board vacancies
• Executive Director Performance Evaluation: The Board of Directors is responsible for the Executive Directors performance evaluation.
• CBCC Corporate Policies and Procedures:
The Board of Directors is responsible to complete an ongoing yearly review of CBCC Policies and Procedures to confirm that all policies and procedures are in-line with the intended direction of Creative Beginnings as determined by the Board of Directors through its published plans, directives, meeting minutes and corporate governance documents
• Annual Budget: Board of Directors to review and approve annual budget
• Annual Budget: Board of Directors to review and approve significant exceptions to annual budget
Why Join the CBCC Board of Directors?
Gain valuable experience working on a Board and with a non-profit organization
Make a difference in your community
Lend your expertise to a good cause, and also develop new skills
Don't have to be a parent / guardian